St Ives Community Orchard has been planted for the benefit of the local wildlife and community.
The aim of the project is:
- to create an area with a variety of different fruit trees and shrubs
- to enhance the biodiversity & provide wildlife habitats
- to involve the community in looking after the orchard
- create an area where everyone can enjoy the nature, get active, socialise and pick their own fruit
- to get the area above the orchard recognised as a nature reserve & looked after as such
It is in a beautiful and tranquil spot at the top of the town with views of the ocean and the moors, right next to the Palemon Best Recreational Park & Skatepark. See our location details.
Volunteers needed: The orchard is looked after by volunteers who meet there regularly to clear the brambles, bracken and look after the trees. We also organise community events like Apple Day & Wassail. We are always looking for more volunteers to help so if you are at all interested, do come along and have a chat / join in or contact us with any queries. See dates, times of work parties.
We are also involved in the plan to upgrade the skatepark which is next to the orchard - go to St Ives Skatepark Project to find out more