St Ives Community Orchard & Nature Reserve have recently registered with Time Credits, a charity that started in 2008 and has recently been launched in Cornwall. It is a fantastic scheme that rewards volunteers for hours contributed with Time Credit.
For every hour you work at the Community Orchard & Nature Reserve, you can receive one Time Credit. This can then be ‘spent’ on community, cultural and leisure activities.
When we last checked on https://timecredits.com/spend-credits-in-Stives you can use Time credits for the following locally:
- Free swim or gym at any of the Better Leisure Centres in Cornwall
- a show at Minack Theatre, Acorn Theatre, Penlee park open air theatre
- free entry at Tate, Tremenhere sculpture gardens, Seal Sanctuary, Barbara Hepworth, Newlyn Art Gallery & the Exchange
- Rollers Roller Rink in Pool
- plus 100’s of places around the country!
Check on time credit website for updates / changes to the above.
You can also save them up to take friends or family with you or give some of your Time Credits away to friends to spend themselves. Everyone’s time is worth the same with Time Credits and it is for all ages so if you bring your kids to volunteer, they get time credits too. You just need to fill in a form with your details to register you first – we can do that for you at our work party.
Come volunteer at our Community Orchard and Nature Reserve to earn yourself some Time Credits!!
Time Credits are run by Tempo (formerly Spice), a charity that started in Wales in 2008 and now works across the UK. Their vision is for strong, connected communities where everyone’s time is valued!