St Ives Skatepark Project Timeline

Janaury 2016

St.Ives Community Orchard Group officially created - gradually begin to discuss idea of helping revitalise the whole area at the Recreation ground by looking at skatepark 

12th January 2017

First Meeting to discuss setting up group and organsing launch event (as sub group of Orchard Community Group)

January 2017

Web Page set up for St.Ives Skatepark /set up Skatepark Project Facebook page (443 likes as of Oct 2017)  Separate Bank Account set up for Skate Park Project

19th January 2017

Site Meeting with Russ Holbert from Maverick Industries (based in Poole) at the Skatepark to discuss design ideas.

8th February 2017

Meeting to finalise setting up of SK8 event

12th February 2017

Launch Event in the Guildhall - with a halfpipe ramp/surverys/raffle/food and drink money raised and donation TBC

9th March -2017

Western Hotel - Inaugural meeting of larger Skate Park group to discuss how to move forward - Design group set up 

March 2017 

Design Brief sent to companies - Wheelscape, Maverick, Gravity (and Freestyle) 

Lots of research phone calls and conversations over the next months with various group members.

7th April 2017

Design Consulation face groups set up for companies creating designs to interact with local users

25th April 2017

Site Meeting with Russ Heideman from Wheelscape (Bristol) at SkatePark 

30th April 2017

Meeting at Black Rock Restaurant to discuss local fundraising ideas

8th May 2017

Meeting at the Guildhall with Russ from Maverick in which he presented his design concept. May 8th: 

10th May 2017

Wheelscape submitted design

14th June 2017

Freestyle and Gravity submitted designs

15th June 2017

Meeting at the Guildhall.  First viewing of all four design submissions and discussion about merits of each.

24th /25th June 2017

Secret Gardens of St.Ives Weekend - half proceeds to go to St.Ives Skatepark Project.  Skatepark Project member Senara Wilson Hodges opened garden and displayed plans.   £980. 41 from Secret Gardens       £26.70 from donations

25th June 2017

BBQ at the Skatepark to show 4 designs for skatepark and get together and raise some money  £145.50 raised

July 21st 2017

Meeting at the Guildhall to decide final design and pick company to work with. 

22nd September 2017

Cheque Presentation from St.Ives Community Fund at the Skatepark (for article in local press)

October 1st 2017

Fundraiser and Raffle with Lee Skeet and BlackRock Restaurant  £4,200 raised

15th October 2017  

Information Station about the Skatepark Project at the Community Orchard Apple Day

26th October 2017

Meeting with Town Council Environment and Planning Group to present aims of Skatepark Project. 

6th November 2017

Meeting with local project Flashlight (which works with local vulnerable children) - discussion about working together.  Looked around the Flashlight premises - they have displayed our Maverick Plans. 

Wednesday 15th November 2017

Fundraising Strategy Meeting - Penlan Beach Road 

Thursday 30th November 2017

Presentation to St.Ives Bay Youth Council followed by a discussion.  Unanimous agreement behind idea for a new concrete skatepark and they have adopted us as their cause. 

Friday 15th December 2017

Skatepark drinks -Gin at the Firehouse

Sunday 4th February

Cafe Art - Fundraising Ideas Day and filming at Flashlight - donations £15

Wednesday 7th February

Crowdfunding Training Night at Cambourne - attended by Elise, Gill, Senara

Thursday 15th Feb / Monday 19th Feb

Meeting to organise presentation to Council - other informal meeting in Jan and Feb too. 

Thursday February 22nd

Presentation to the Trustees of the Palemon Best Recreation Ground prior to the Town Council Meeting. 

Monday 26th February

Meeting with Cornwall Councillor Linda Taylor to ask for support and funding ideas. 

Monday 26th February

Ghost Town Screening for the Skatepark - donations £17.40

Friday 9th March
Meeting with Vanessa Luckwell to discuss funding strategy (also attended by Lina
Taylor) plus Gill and Senara and Elise. Followed by meeting with Andrew Mitchell to
ask for his support at Cornwall Councillor.

15th March
Meeting at Flashlight to discuss fund raising events this year

Thursday 29th March
Meeting to discuss and adopt constitution of the Skatepark Project Community
Group (now separate from the St.Ives Community Orchard)

Sunday 8th April
Lee Skeet runs a supper club in aid of the St.Ives Skatepark project and raises £1840
Senara films the event.

19th April 2018
New film about Lee Skeet and the skatepark and supperclub put on to youtube and shared on social media.

25th April 2018
Rapscallion Rollers fundraiser for the St.Ives Skatepark - amount raised TBC

Friday 27th April 2018
Meeting to start organising the SK8 Park Gig to be held on 18th August 2018 with three local bands

27th March 2018
Co-Op confirms receipt of Local Community Fund Application

2nd May 2018
Film about the Raspcallion Rollers and roller skating at skateparks uploaded and shared on social media.

21st May 2018
Community Chest Applications send to Linda Taylor and Andrew Mitchell via localism team